The vision of Tool East is to develop an open source application for SMEs that allows them to work in tool clusters, favours competiviness and increases their productivity. It will enable tooling clusters to reduce response times and allow the usage of a more dynamic business model at lower costs. Existing open source applications will be adapted and modified in order to meet the vision.
- Lay the foundation for an Open Source ERP Infrastructure that can be easily implemented by novice newcomers and replicated for other SME sectors
- Develop open source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications for tool and die making enterprises by e-collaboration of small and mediumsized software enterprises (SMEs)
- Enable SMEs to participate and collaborate in dynamic business networks
- Strengthen competition and competitiveness of Eastern European SMEs
- Support the tool workshops and die making companies with integrated applications using open source technology
- Connect Customer Relationship Management (CRM) functionalities within ERP applications
- Bring interoperable information technologies to SMEs in the NAS states, enabling industrial clusters in these areas to conduct e-commerce to deal with far- Eastern wage competition on the model that is successfully protecting jobs in many western European industrial clusters